Parenting Musings

During my morning contemplations, I was struck with the differences in how I parent the visiting children who come into our lives versus how I treated Froggy at the same age. These thoughts did not sit well

For a variety of reasons, legal requirements foremost among them, these young visitors are tucked into bed, kissed goodnight and then left; left to their dreams, good or bad, left to their unknown thoughts and feelings, left at time when not leaving is a sign of trust.

These visitors were never abandoned but I am not sure they knew that, believed that deep in their hearts.  I do know that I tried to make that clear but that does not mean I succeeded. With Froggy I always made sure it was clear and never left any room for doubt.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children