Homemaking Meme

I saw this at Lindsey's this morning, and had to jump in!

Aprons – Y/N?

Yes – I own one but I never remember to wear

Baking – Favorite thing to bake:

Cookies – all different kinds. I love to experiment.

Clothesline – Y/N?

No, I miss having one since we left the farm. It is great for airing blankets and drying quilts.


Donuts – Have you ever made them?

No. My mother-in-law made some here during her last visit and left the recipe but I haven’t been brave enough to try them yet.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day:

Laundry

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?

Yes. It is great for freezing fresh summer produce for access during the winter months. It was critical for holding all the suppers I made up during the end of my pregnancy that we lived off for many weeks when Froggy first came home.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?

Yes – thank goodness.


Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?



Ironing – Love it or hate it?

I hate it! I only do the absolute minimum I must.

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?

Nope. Junk is everywhere.

Kitchen: Design & Decorating?

I wish. It is what it is. Small and less than ideal for one who loves to cook as much as I do.

Love: What is your favorite part of homemaking?

Being able to see Froggy grow everyday all day long. Knowing that she is getting the best start in life possible.

Mop - Y/N?

No – floors get cleaned on hands and knees the way my mother did. I tried a mop and the floor never seemed clean to me.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?

Washing machine. I don’t wear anything that can’t go in the machine.

Oven - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?

Open the door. I can’t tell anything through the window.

Pizza - What do you put on yours?

Crab and fresh mozzarella and homemade sauce. If it were only me, I would add mushrooms or spinach or some other veggie.

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?

Blog, do schoolwork, eat lunch.

Recipe card box - Y/N?

No! Most of my recipes are either in cookbooks or on the computer.

Style of house -

Split-level Which means you enter into the stairwell. The bedrooms and formal living room are upstairs. Downstairs is the kitchen, dining room and family room. It was built in the 1970's and is part of a quiet neighborhood of similarly styled homes.

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N?

For Shabbat, holidays and when there is company.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?

Pretty much organized. We cleaned out all the toxic chemicals as part of babyproofing.

Vacuum - How many times per week?

Only about once a week. The only room with carpet is the family room. I sweep or wipe down the hardwood more often.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do a week?

A LOT! We do diapers alone about 3 times a week.

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?

No. On a work weekend I will make a to-do list and I make grocery lists or errand lists

Yard - Who does what?

We are still working on this one. I do weeding and planting and trimming the bushes. Mowing and filling the bird feeders is mostly Dad’s job.

Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?

Put Froggy to bed. Once she is finally asleep (usually between 10pm and midnight), the day is done and I get to relax if not fall immediately asleep myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children