Works For Me Wednesday - Playdough

Today we made playdough. I much prefer the homemade playdough rather than store bought for a variety reasons.

  1. I know what goes into it. Just like the food Froggy eats, I like to choose the least processed ingredients as possible to avoid preservatives and chemicals even if they are supposedly non-toxic.
  2. It is much less expensive.
  3. It is better for the environment because there is less packaging
  4. And lastly it just feels nicer to me, a smoother more pleasant texture.

I have tried several different recipes, both cooked and uncooked. The recipe I like best for durability and texture is the following simple cooked recipe.

3 cups flour
3 cups water
1.5 cups salt
3 tbs oil
6 tsp cream of tarter

Pour all ingredients into a medium saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture pulls away from the sides to form a ball. Turn out onto wax paper. Knead for 2-3 minutes until mixture is smooth. Store in an airtight container.


For more Works for Me Wednesday ideas visit Rocks in my Dryer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Finds

Trial 1

Fairy House Jack O' Lantern