Works For Me Wednesday - Playdough

Today we made playdough. I much prefer the homemade playdough rather than store bought for a variety reasons.

  1. I know what goes into it. Just like the food Froggy eats, I like to choose the least processed ingredients as possible to avoid preservatives and chemicals even if they are supposedly non-toxic.
  2. It is much less expensive.
  3. It is better for the environment because there is less packaging
  4. And lastly it just feels nicer to me, a smoother more pleasant texture.

I have tried several different recipes, both cooked and uncooked. The recipe I like best for durability and texture is the following simple cooked recipe.

3 cups flour
3 cups water
1.5 cups salt
3 tbs oil
6 tsp cream of tarter

Pour all ingredients into a medium saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture pulls away from the sides to form a ball. Turn out onto wax paper. Knead for 2-3 minutes until mixture is smooth. Store in an airtight container.


For more Works for Me Wednesday ideas visit Rocks in my Dryer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children