Food for Thought

Ok so I admit I have a host of food issues. My mother had a host of food issues from her youth and with the genuine best intentions, she passed them on to my sisters and I. I do not want to continue the tradition. According to my research, one important piece of preventing food issues is to not use food as either a reward or a punishment. I have no trouble not using food as a punishment (ie taking food away for bad behavior or forcing certain foods) I have more trouble avoiding food as a reward because I habitually reward myself with food. I am trying though. Which brings me to my current concern. How can explain treats (dessert like food options) and eating out (which is sometimes a necessity and sometimes done as a treat / mood lifter?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children