Classic Chili

As I said last week, I am a HUGE fan of chili. I needed to redeem myself after the disastrous experiment. I made a huge batch of my classic chili for Froggy's birthday party. It was such a hit that Froggy did not even get to taste it. I am making another batch this week to take to our Halloween pot-luck.

  • 3lbs ground meat - I have used both turkey and beef. Either is fine but the beef needs to be drained well
  • 1 large onion finely chopped
  • 2 large cans kidney beans - drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (280z) petite diced tomato
  • 3 cups barbecue sauce - yep barbecue sauce. It is my secret ingredient. We use a slightly sweet one but choose what works for you
  • 1 bag frozen corn
  • 3 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • red pepper to taste
Brown the meat and onion. Drain thoroughly. Add all ingredients to crockpot. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. It tastes even better the next day. It is just that easy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children