Friday's Finds Guidelines
Friday's Finds Guidelines
Upcoming themed editions of Friday's Finds:
October 31st-- The Halloween Edition
The Ghosts and goblins roam tonight. What is book will you be curling up with? What is child's holiday favorite?
November 14 -- The Thanksgiving Edition
With Thanksgiving around the corner, post your family's favorite books--the ones that you want to read over and over again. Or is there one that we should all avoid? Let us know that too.
Friday's Finds is a new addition at the Landing. I hope it will help us all unearth some real finds. To make it easier for everyone, here are some guidelines and answers.
1. So what exactly IS Friday's Finds, anyway?
Friday's Finds is a "blog carnival" (that concept is explained here). Basically, the idea is that on Friday you post a review of a book you and/or your children are reading. Hopefully most of the reviews will be great finds but please don't hesitate to steer people away from a real loser. You post a link back here to my Friday's Find post, and enter your link in the "Mr. Linky" form at the bottom of my post.
2. You do not have to ask me first before you participate in Friday's Finds. Just jump right in.
3. You are not required to use the Friday's Finds banner, though you are more than welcome to do so.
If you do, please be sure you're using the the current one, at the top of this post. If you don't know how to add an image to your post, you can follow the instructions here.
4. Please only leave a link if you have written a Friday's Finds post. Please mention Friday's Finds in your post, and link back to my master list here.
5. Link to your Friday's Finds post, not to the front page of your blog.
This makes browsing so much easier for everyone, especially when people browse around in the archives. For an explanation on how to do this, go here.
6. Please DO NOT host your own Friday's Finds "Mr. Linky" at your site.
I'd like to keep Lionden Landing as the only homepage for Friday's Finds, for simplicity's sake.
7. Please be patient with your e-mail questions.
In particular, if you have a question that could be answered by using the "Help" section in your blogging software ("How do I upload images?" or "How do I link back to you from my page?"), please check there for answers first.
8. When you enter your link on Mr. Linky, you will most likely notice that it says "delete link" next to your name. If you click on that, it will let you delete what you just posted. No one else can see it, just like you can't see the "delete link" next to my name on my computer.
9. Enter a 3-4 word description of your post, in parentheses, after you put your name. Be descriptive, be specific, and BE BRIEF.
For example, where the box below says "Your Name", you might put:
Melissa (Children animal book)
Julie (Adult romance)
Mary (Children alphabet)
Make sense? This will make it a jillion times easier to browse through the tips. PLEASE KEEP YOUR PARENTHETICAL TITLE TO A MAXIMUM OF 4 WORDS. Mr. Linky freaks out sometimes when the "Your Name" portion gets too long, and it can mess up the alignment of the whole deal, making it harder to read.
10. I'll put my Friday's Finds post up no later than 12:01 am (Eastern time) each Friday. Frequently, I'll have it up an hour or two earlier.
I know this is a lot of information! Please know that I'm just trying to find a way to make it easier for people to browse through all your wonderful ideas. Thank you SO much for participating in this--YOU are the reason it is such a success!
11. I reserve the right to delete any links that are inappropriate.