WFMW - Immersion Blender


I try to keep my kitchen as basic as possible. There are not many gadgets I use or store. I keep cleaning out my cabinets to get rid of more and more of them.

One of the tools that makes this possible is my immersion blender. I ave the Kitchenaid brand. When my old one broke, someone gave me a different brand as a replacement. I used it one time then went out and bought another Kitchenaid. I do not use my stand blender at all thanks to my immersion blender.

This is the time of year when my stick as a I call it gets a real work out. I use it to make all my applesauce. This year we put up 45 jars of applesauce. I also use it when making mashed potatoes, squash, and soup. I found a new use as well. I made my own pumpkin this year. I roasted it and then pureed it with my stick. Viola. No more need for canned pumpkin.

For more great tips check out Rocks In My Dryer

Comments

  1. My husband gave me this Kitchenaid immersion blender this year and I love it for making baby food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use mine (not Kitchenaid) to blend up soups, canned tomatoes for sauce, etc. Wouldn't want the kids to come across any chunks, you know! I haven't figured out how to not get splashed or splattered a couple times though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stick blender is my most used appliance. Mine has a little chopping attatchment and I -love- it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children