Menu Planning Monday

Because this week was not busy enough, I have lots of extra baking to do. Our local CASA is having a huge fundraiser this weekend. They expect roughly 400 guests. I and several others are baking treats for the crowd.

Baking List
  • Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Double Chocolate Truffle Cake Balls - a variation of these.
  • Mini Chocolate Mint Cheesecakes
  • Granola
  • Bread for sandwiches
I really need to make some more of the first two or something else entirely. Check back later in the week. I will update the baking list as I figure out what I am doing. I also need to figure out how I am transporting all the treats to the admin building. They need to be delivered on Friday and will be transported with everyone else's goodies on Saturday.

In addition to this, I am attending a baby shower on Thursday for which the requested gift is a freezer meal for mom. I think that is the best kind of gift an expectant mom can receive. I am going to make a lovely chicken and brown rice casserole that is entirely dairy free. I also need to bring an appetizer for the crowd. I am thinking Hummus and homemade pita chips.

And somewhere in all of this, I still need to feed the family. Here is what we are eating. Any time I serve rice it is paired with keem. My husband grew up in Korea and it is a custom he grew up and passed onto Froggy. Last week's salmon patties were such a hit they are making a repeat appearance spiced up a bit. I have included the recipe below.

The Menu

Saturday – Pasta with homemade sauce and Salad
Sunday – Chicken Stirfry (Duck Sauce) and rice
Monday – Homemade pizza(leftover sauce from Sat.) with rice cheese for Froggy. This is our first attempt since going dairy free. Each person gets to "decorate" their own pizza on homemade crust.
Tuesday – Maple Sugar Salmon, rice, and salad.
Wednesday – Salmon Patties - prep freezer meal for shower
Thursday – Leftover Buffet - Mom at Folk group practice
Friday – Pot Roast (still fine tuning the recipe), Acorn Squash, Broccoli, Challah, Chocolate Lasagna

Salmon Patties

14 oz can salmon
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 t. dill
2 t. lemon juice
oil for cooking (I use palm kernel oil)

In a bowl, mix together salmon, egg, bread crumbs and lemon juice

Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet.

Form six patties from the salmon mixture. Place patties in pan, cook for about five minutes, turning once. The salmon patties should be golden brown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children