WFMW - Silly Putty


Froggy started occupational therapy right around Hanukkah. Her therapist is great and has given us lots of useful suggests for activities to continue the work at home. One of Froggy's favorite new toys is Silly Putty. Other than the new colors, it is exactly the same as I remember from when I was a kid (and that is saying a lot).

One thing I do remember about silly putty from when I was a kid was that I got bored with it very quickly. I liked play dough Not Froggy. She loves it. She has not been real into play dough though.

Silly putty is similar to play dough but has some big differences. Silly Putty stretches where playdough breaks and crumbles. Silly putty is rubber so it leaves essentially nothing of itself behind when it touches something. This means it is a great travel toy. We can play with it in the car or at restaurants It is a great work out for her hands.

It is not like play dough in some other ways too. It wants to stick to itself which means it does not mold well. It is hard to sculpt with. If you want to make things (which is what I always wanted) play dough is your friend. But if you want to just smash and mash, then I suggest trying some silly putty. It works for us.

Check out some other great tips at Works For Me Wednesday

Comments

  1. I never liked silly putty either, but I think it's a great idea to have some in your purse for when you are out and about! I'll have to get one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children