Menu Planning Monday


The week in review - The coconut chicken nuggets did not fly at least not with the humans. The canine thought they were wonderful. The coconut was too strong for us. Also I will note that I baked them instead of fried them which may have changed the texture of the coating. The sweet potato fries on the other hand were delicious.

The Menu - I am going to try for at least one vegan night a week. Wish me luck.
Sunday - Picnic Dinner at the Faire - hummus/cucumber tea sandwiches, curried chickpea salad, fruit salad and cookies.
Monday - Dinner is early as I have a meeting - pizza and a green salad
Tuesday - Falafel with Yogurt sauce. I will serve a variety of toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, baba ganush, hummus) in a manner similar to a taco bar. This is the traditional way falafel is served.
Wednesday- Burgers with backyard corn salad and green beans. I am trying homemade buns for the first time. If they work I will post the recipe.
We leave for the grandparents Thursday morning for a long weekend so this is where I cease to plan. :)

Comments

  1. Good luck on the vegan meal! (it's sometimes tough for me, but then, I'm not that creative, nor vegetarian, so it's hard to think out of the "meat box" sometimes)

    I looked at the recipe for the chicken nuggets and it seems like they need something more. I have used coconut as a breading at Pesach, but it doesn't stick very well on its own, and it also needs some kind of seasoning. I do agree that frying would probably improve the taste/texture, however; frying makes almost everything better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children