Winter Wednesday - The Color of Winter

I am probably a week behind since technically this was last week's challenge and maybe I will catch up but I figure as long as I get us all outdoors doing something the timing matters much less.

We did our nature study this week at the park with some friends.  We looked for all the colors we could find.  There was no snow or even ice at the time (We have had some and are getting more as I write but timing is everything) We looked at the trees comparing the shades of brown and the greens of the evergreens.  We talked about how some of the bushes along the creek are not evergreens but still appear green.  Froggy said they aren't bright.  We found some holly and looked at the bright red of the berries.  I even snipped a branch to bring in for sketching but Froggy was not interested.  I had hoped to see some animals to point out their colors but with all the noise that was not to be. 

Still I think it was a successful venture and certainly fun was had by all.

Comments

  1. Welcome to Winter Wednesday! I think you are very right about timing...it does not matter at all and you can pick and choose when to complete your nature study as the opportunities arise. I am sitting here with no snow at the moment wondering how I am going to do this week's challenge but somehow it will all work out. :)

    Thank you for sharing your winter color entry and I look forward to reading your next one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children