Back to School

We always take a break from school and our regular routine the week before Pesach and return after the holiday.   The break is nice and gives both of us a chance to breathe and approach life with a sense of rejuvenation.

During Chol Hamoed, I review where we are and where I want to go for the rest of the year.  I take the time during the break to get reorganized and plan out the rest of our year, putting aside the stuff that is not working and finding new things that look like fun to try. 

I have some neat science experiments to try with Froggy now that our Forces class is over. History / Social Studies is still giving me major grief.  I am doing nothing with it at all mostly because everything I look at to try to do is unappealing. 

I have ordered our new handwriting books and we are doing copywork in the meantime.  I choose a line from our Parsha study to copy. The copywork serves as our entire Language Arts curriculum and I am ok with that.  Math is going swimmingly as we work on skip counting. 

Our Hebrew is not going as well as as I would like. I ordered some reading books from a book company back at the end of February but still have not received them. These readers are really where Froggy needs to go next and I am frustrated not to be able to take this next step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children