Chocolate Charlotte Rousse
I am trying a new dessert this week, Chocolate Charlotte. I have been looking for desserts that keep well and since this needs to be frozen for at least 4 hours before serving, it fits the bill perfectly. Dream Whip is KD but I checked the ingredient list and I think we will be ok with it. I think it is probably KD because of cross contamination level stuff rather than actual ingredients. Still since it is KD we are having salmon for Shabbat.
- 24 ladyfingers (2 (3-ounce) packages)
- 1/4 cup Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1 (2.6-ounce) box whipped topping mix (such as Dream Whip)
- 1 1/2 cups cold fat-free milk, divided (I used Coconut Milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened ( I used Tofutti brand)
Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise. Brush cut sides of ladyfinger halves with Kahlúa; arrange, cut sides up, in bottom and up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Cover with plastic wrap.
Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions using 1 cup cold milk and vanilla extract.
Combine sugar and cocoa. Beat sugar mixture and cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (mixture will not be completely smooth). Add 1/2 cup milk to cream cheese mixture; beat well. Gently fold in whipped topping. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm.