One Semester Down!

We finished our first semester of Ambleside last week,  I kind of feel like I am "cheating" with this curriculum.  It does not feel like school to me.  It is just "reading".  Froggy enjoys all the stories.  I use our time working on our Ambleside books as rewards for doing other assignments.  Froggy has progressed considerably in her narration skill during the semester.  I don't know if she is retaining any of the stuff we learn.  Ambleside offers guidance on exams but I am not willing to do that.  Either it is sinking in or it isn't.  This is only first grade.  If she does not retain everything that is ok.  The foundation is being lain and creating footholds for future learning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children