Menu Planning Monday 18 Av 5772

Recipe Review - The Chocolate Peanut Butter pudding was delicious and very easy to make.  I don't think the merguine topping added anything to it though and would probably make it more of a trifle the next time rather than the baked dish.   We were in theory going to have a cucumber salad (recipe below) along with the other dishes for Shabbat but it was so good I ate it all by myself before anyone got to taste it.

Cucumber Salad
Peel cucumbers, remove seeds and slice into half moons.  Sprinkle liberally with salt and let sit for a bit to pull out some of the water.  For the dressing mix Sugar, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a 4:4:1 ratio.  I used 1/3c sugar and vinegar for 2 English cucumbers and it would reduce it to 1/4c in the future. Toss cucumbers and dressing in a tupperware and let sit as long as you can bear to wait before yumming it up.

Menu
Monday - No Daddy = Mac and Cheese
Tuesday - Pizza and Salad
Wednesday -Pulled Chicken, tator tots and peas (we never had any chicken last week)
Thursday - leftover buffet
Friday - I end up rewriting our Shabbat menu so much during the week I am not even going to try to put it here this time.  I will post it by itself later when it is more stable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children