Shabbos Food

I did not plan a menu for this week as I have been all by myself.  The family came back on yesterday so we are all here and ready for a joyous Shabbat filled complete with what I hope will be lots of good food.  There are lots of experiments this week including my first ever attempt at Cholent. 

I am trying to follow a new guide for Shabbos food of having the following for Dinner Challah, 2 dips, 1 fish, 1 soup, 1 meat, 1 starch, 1 salad / vegetable side, 1dessert  For lunch it's challah, same 2 dips, cholent, 1 salad (can be the same as dinner unless there are guests) and 1 dessert.

Challah - I have discovered that if I make the dough ahead of time and braid it without letting it rise, that I can freeze it after braiding and have it rise/thaw on Friday and get a consistent great texture and make Shabbat prep even easier.
 Dips - Homemade hummus (old favorite) and a warm herb cheese dip (made with dip mix and parve cream cheese)
Fish- Salmon Tartlets (parve using Earth Balance and Tofutti)
Soup -  Chicken Noodle Soup
Salad - Beet Apple and Orange Salad
Meat - Roast Chicken with Honey Orange Glaze
Starch - Domino Potatoes
Desserts  - Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting
 and Cinnamon Rolls




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children