Purim!


 Even Purim morning I was still putting the finishing touches on my part of the costumes for Froggy's Purim shpeil.  I made "Chip" and "Cogsworth".

Our shul always picks a theme for the year.  This year it is the 60s in honor of the 50th anniversary of the founding in 1964.  I went as Jane Goodall and Abba went as the Disney version of Pooh first pictured in 1962. That really was just an excuse because he always goes as Pooh Bear.  Froggy wanted to be Queen Esther regardless of the theme. Luckily Gramma keeps supplying Froggy with new dressup clothes so there is always queen clothes available.

We made a ton of Mishlach Manot baskets.  The list of recipients is mostly done although I expect it will continue to grow right up until Purim.  The final total was 23. 

We included 3 different foods  (although it ended up being only the requisite 2 brachot) Spiced almonds, clementines and 3 different kinds of Hamentaschen, funny ones, chocolate ones (either these or the ones we made last year)  and baklavah ones

I really stink at remembering to take pictures.  I wanted to show all the lovely mishlach manot packedup and ready to go.  I hate spending money on wrapping that is going to be thrown away so we try to use recyclables.  This year we did this.  They turned out much better than I feared. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children