Trial 2

Flavor Question: Can I make the peach flavor stronger by simmering the peaches on the stove?

Texture Question: How can we make the edges less brown and still keep it cooked inside?

Flavor Hypothesis - If I simmer the peaches on the stove, the peach flavor will get concentrated because we simmer off the water.

Texture Hypothesis -If I bake the bread for one hour at 325 instead of 350, the inside will be done and the edges will not be crispy yet

Experiment  Summary -We simmered the frozen peaches on the stove top between medium and medium-high until they thawed.  We then pureed them and the heat down to low.  We had the peaches on the heat for approximately half an hour. The flavor is definitely more intense. The peaches were hot so we had to be careful not to cook our eggs when we poured the peaches in. We mixed the dry goods into the rest for 40 seconds this time. We then separated the batter into two loaf pans evenly by weighing each pan as we added the batter.  We baked them for an hour at 325 at which point they were done.

Flavor Conclusion -I thought the peach flavor concentrated properly. I could taste the peach this time. I thought the bread was yummy.

Texture Conclusion - I decided the inside was cooked enough and the edges were absolutely not crispy.  I am proud of this one. 

Personal Review -Overall, I think the bread turned out just how we wanted it to.  The flavor was perfect but I still want to try it again with cherries because it is supposed to be a peach-cherry bread and I want to see if I can get the flavor right with both.  The texture was absolutely perfect.  I don't think I need to change anything so now I am going to play and see if the rules laid out in Alton Brown's I'm Just Here for More Food are necessary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children