Shabbat Menu

Apparently when I originally did my menu this week, I forgot all about dessert for Shabbat.  I revised the menu and added dessert. 

So here is what we have
Challah - already rising on the counter
Sticky Chicken - currently sitting in the crockpot.  It is delicious even better than my roast chicken recipe but it does not look as pretty when served.
Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes - this is a test of a better for you, less cloying version of the sweet potato casserole traditional at Thanksgiving.
Steamed Broccoli
And for dessert Swiss Cake Roll - We have not had it in ages.  It is currently baking.  I will make the roll later this afternoon. As I said in the original post it is perfect for Pesach if you can do dairy and have the right equipment.  It is a bit fussy but it is faster than any dessert I have ever made. This time we are using Rich's Whipped Topping rather than the silken Tofu.  I don't know if they have a KP version so I don't know if it will work for Pesach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children