Stitching Successes

Handwork (which includes the sewing machine) is a big part of life around here.  We put it aside some while Froggy was in her cast but here are some of our latest success.
I usually make Froggy a beautiful new something for Rosh Hashana.  This year, I indulged and made something for me instead.  I have a very unusual body shape and have a hard time finding store bought tops that really fit me nice.  It is a joy to wear something where all  the seams sit where they are supposed to. I made a muslin just like a real seamstress and tailored to be be just right. 
Froggy was not totally left out.  I made her a new carry all for her treasures from an old t-shirt.  I want a new bag for my sewing and this was a great way to test if I like the pattern/structure.  Answer is I do not. I want something more structured so I am still looking.
Froggy is working hard as well.  She is doing her very first ever embroidery project.  It is an archer that she started at Pennsic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children